Why Become A Donor?

Become A Donor

Every year 10,000 children are born with Thalassemia. The only cure is “Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant”

Hematopoietic Stem Cells have the potential to replace damaged cells and cure blood disorders. When patients suffering from blood disorders undergo hematopoietic stem cell transplant, they develop new blood cells with the help of the transplanted stem cells from a healthy donor. These help them to cure themselves from the disorder. In this way hematopoietic stem cells become magical cells, which can save a person’s life. But also the social perception and lack of awareness about its treatment which makes it difficult for the patient to overcome the disease.

“Of all patients diagnosed with blood disorders, only 25% are fortunate enough to find a match with their siblings, the remaining 75% are dependent on Matched Unrelated Donor donors from registries like GeneBandhu”. The probability of finding an unrelated matched donor is 1 in 10,000 to 1 in over a Million. You could be that 1 for someone's life.

Take the first step. Register yourself as a potential Blood Stem Cell Donor.

Why we need HLA typing of the donor?

Like a patient has to be matched with the same blood group to the blood donors just like we need HLA typing of the stem cell donor to get matched with the blood disorder patient. HLA are proteins -- or markers -- found on most cells in your body. Your immune system uses these markers to recognize which cells belong in your body and which do not.

More details

Blood Stem Cell Donation Process

The process of stem cells donation is similar as platelet donation. Blood stem cells manufacture inside the bone marrow. These are mother cells that produce blood component such as RBC, WBC, Plasma and platelets.

Know about Stem Cells

Donor Testimonials

My name is Jorawar Singh from New Delhi born on 15 August 1978. I could relate to Tejveer Singh who was suffering from blood cancer as his dream was also to become a wrestler which I couldn't do so. Somehow, I wanted Tejveer to live and fulfill his dream. So, I donated my Stem cells to him.

"I am fortunate that God chose me for a noble deed. There can be nothing greater than saving a life. Tell me, when to donate stem cells again”.

I am Amandeep Singh I believe that empathy will cross the borders no matter which country it is the desire is the driving force. I am grateful to god for giving me a great opportunity to serve a higher purpose. I have donated my stem cells to Sack Florence who is suffering from acute myeloid leukemia and saved his life. We became good friends and I am in contact with him. The barrier for the donor and patient is GENEBANDHU I shall convey my gratitude towards the organization which strives for a higher cause.



209C, II & III Floor, Masjid Moth, South Extension-II, New Delhi -110049, INDIA

Email Us


Call Us

+011 4007 3808